Minutes of Full Council Meeting Thursday 15th October 2020

 

Minutes from the meeting of the Parish Council on Thursday 15th October 2020.
In accordance with The Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020, the meeting will take place remotely using the Zoom platform

 

Councillors Present:

Cllr Webb - Chair                                        Anna Lawson - Clerk and RFO                                

Cllr Darby - Vice Chair                                Pauline Fry - Administrative Assistant                                                   

Cllr Papworth                                                              

Cllr Waddington

Cllr Shaw – joined at 7.16pm

Cllr Speed

Cllr Cluett

Cllr Corbould

Public session of the meeting commenced at 7.00pm

No members of the public

No requests had been received by the Clerk for permission to record, video or take photos of the Council meeting, therefore the only recording which would take place was the one undertaken by the Parish Council themselves.

The meeting commenced at 7.05pm

62-2020/21  Apologies for Absence. To receive and accept apologies where valid reasons for absence have been given to the Clerk prior to the meeting. 

Cllr Bradbury


63-2020/21  To receive declarations of interest under the Localism Act 2011 – being any pecuniary interest in agenda items not previously recorded on Member’s Register of Interests.

None received

64-2020/21  To receive and consider any dispensation requests on agenda items and decide whether they are to be granted.

None received

65-2020/21  To approve as a correct record the notes of the meeting held on 17th September 2020. To authorise the Chair to sign the official minutes.

PROPOSED by Cllr Waddington, SECONDED by Cllr Darby, ABSTAINED- Cllr Cluett and Cllr Corbould .  All other Cllrs voted in FAVOUR of accepting proposal.

66-2020/21  To receive and consider a report from the Chairman of the Council.

Cllr Clee has resigned from the Council with immediate effect.  Thanks for her services to the Council have been sent.

Cllr Newlove has not attended Council meetings for over 6 months, therefore he is regarded as no longer being a member of the Council.

The Catholic Church, St Francis of Assisi in the village will no longer be used for worship. 

68-2020/210  To receive and consider a report from the Clerk to the Council on any outstanding matters and correspondence received since the meeting of 17th September 2020.

Updates from previous meeting;

  • Perceived racially motivated decision making by Highways.  A response was received from LCC which does not address the issues raised in the letter.  It also contains incorrect information.  A response has been sent providing evidence to contradict the misinformation.
  • RASE warehouse.  I have spoken with relevant organisations, they are not legally able to address the issue alongside BGPC however they state that  they will ensure conditions are adhered to.  Also issue of badgers in the vicinity have not been addressed and wildlife groups are to be contacted.  One organisation stated that they had raised issue of lack of traffic documentation and were told by WLDC that the application would not affect traffic numbers.  Query this statement as application is for large expansion of warehouse for a haulage company.  It appears that not all documentation is being placed on the WLDC Planning portal.
  • Complaint against WLDC in relation to the planning decision on Wragby Rd.  Received response which contained incorrect information.  Replied providing evidence of incorrect information.  Currently awaiting response however WLDC contacted BGPC asking for persona; information which breached GDPR.
  • Complaint against WLDC in relation to Apley application going to planning inspector due to failure to respond within timeframe.  WLDC state that they were awaiting hearing at planning committee, which is why it went outside the timeframe, however there was planning committee in July, August and September.
  • Cllr Shaw has written to Cllr Fleetwood and PC Coaches Management regarding the change in stop.  Cllr Fleetwood has posted on the Southrey facebook page information about PC Coaches accepting calls for requested stops rather than going via Call Connect however this appears very adhoc and open to confusion.
  • Hedge in the Cemetery to be cut today, tractor broke down.  May need to be completed next week.
  • WLDC unwilling to answer questions in relation to planning applications.
  • Piece of land on Station RD.  Company who own the land has been dissolved contact being made with Bona Vacanti dept of the Treasury.
  • Road sweeper should be in the village shortly.
  • Issues with parking on Station Rd in relation to staff parking at The Hawthorns.  Home From Home Care management are trying to address the problem, although this appears to be a short term solution.

43-2020/21 Financial matters:

  1. To approve the bank reconciliation statement for October 2020.

   Bank Reconciliation for September 2020 as at 31.09.20

Balance as at 01.09.20                                                                               £82937.36                                      

Income                                     
Cemetery                                         1659.00
Handyman services                         1148.75
Allotment                                             55.00
Miscellaneous                                     58.00                       

Total income                                                                        £2920.75

Expenditure
Admin                                                  732.18
Salaries                                             3996.93
Handyman                                          174.83
Grasscutting                                     1322.06
Allotments                                            66.00
Total expenditure                                                                  £6292.00                                    

Balance as at 31.08.20                                                                              £79566.11                                                                                                                                                    

Less cheques

PROPOSED by Cllr Cluett SECONDED by Cllr Speed,

carried UNANIMOUSLY

Payment Ratification October 2020

 

 

 

 

 

         

value

VAT

ExVAT

% of budget*

 

B/P

 

Wages and NI

October

Salaries

3996.93

0.00

3996.93

 

 

 

Total Office/Salaries

   

 

 

 

74% of budget

 

                   

 

PO20717

 

Pear Techn

Software

Admin

330.00

55.00

275.00

 

 

 

PO20723

 

LCC

Rent

Admin

600.00

0.00

600.00

   

 

Total Admin

   

930.00

   

39% of budget

 

                   

 

PO207256

E-quip

Electrical items

Handyman

36.18

6.03

30.15

   

 

PO20725

 

E-quip

Electrical items

Handyman

25.01

4.17

20.84

   

 

PO20720

 

Fuelcard

Fuel

Handyman

27.05

4.51

22.54

   

 

PO20716

 

Fuelcard

Fuel

Handyman

12.58

2.10

10.48

   

 

Total Handyman

   

100.82

 

 

47% of budget

 

                   

 

PO20721

 

TGM

Grasscutting

Grasscutting

1322.06

220.34

1101.72

 

 

 

Total Grasscutting

   

1322.06

   

95% of budget*

 

         

 

       

 

PO20719

 

Hedges Direct

Hedges

Allotments

153.59

25

128.59

   

 

Total Allotments

   

153.59

   

18% of budget^

 

                   

 

PO20718

 

Solway Direct

Benches

Comm Land

876.00

146

730.00

   

 

Total Community land

   

876.00

   

135% of budget^^

 

                   

 

PO20724

 

Wave

Water

Cemetery

13.36

0

13.36

   

 

Total Cemetery

   

13.36

   

0.8% of budget

 

                   

 

* 2019/2020 & 20/21 budget

           

 

                   

 

^ purchased using funding from sale of items

         

 

                   

 

^^ purchased using WLDC grant funding

         

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                               

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

To ratify payments of accounts, salaries, BACS payments & payments already made for October 2020.

PROPOSED by Cllr Corbould, SECONDED by Cllr Speed, carried UNANIMOUSLY

69-2020/21  Planning matters To note any approved applications received and to consider any planning applications and decide any comments that the Council wishes to make. 

APPLICATION REFERENCE NO:  141705

PROPOSAL:  Planning application for change of use from holiday let to 1no. dwelling       

LOCATION:   Minster View Main Road Stainfield Market Rasen LN8 5JL

APPLICATION TYPE:          Full Planning Application

APPLICATION CATEGORY:          Change of Use

CNo objections raised however wish for correct procedures to be applied due to the name of the applicant. 

 

APPLICATION REFERENCE NO:  141736

PROPOSAL:  Planning application for change of use of existing care facility to 4no. bed HMO       

LOCATION:   51 Station Road Bardney Lincoln LN3 5UD

APPLICATION TYPE:          Full Planning Application

APPLICATION CATEGORY:          Change of Use

Objections to be raised as per previous objections to the development of the site along with concerns over nature of HMO in the facility.

 

70-2020/21  Co-option To consider application to join Bardney Group Parish Council.

Mr Frank Bates co-opted onto Bardney Group Parish Council.

PROPOSED by Cllr Webb, SECONDED by Cllr Corbould, carried UNANIMOUSLY

 

71-2020/21  To consider purchase of office.

Discussions held regarding the possibility of the Parish Office moving to different premises.

Item to be discussed again at next full council meeting.

 

72-2020/21  To consider changing The Limewoods from a magazine to a newsletter and pay delivery to all properties.   

Examples of various options for the Parish magazine to be circulated before the next full Council meeting.

 

73-2020/21  To consider Asset of Community Value

Discussions were held regarding the possibility of making identified parcels of land and buildings in Bardney and surrounding areas Assets of Community Value. This process would have to be agreed by WLDC beforehand.  Identifying land and buildings as assets of community value would allow the Parish Council to buy them if the owner was considering selling them in the future.  In the first instance, a list would be drawn up and bought to council for a decision to be made.

PROPOSED by Cllr Webb, SECONDED by Cllr Cluett, carried UNANIMOUSLY

 

74-2020/21  To receive report on the Ride On Lawn Mower and consider future expenses.

A limit would be imposed on the amount being spent on a servicefor the lawnmower. The Clerk to check what would be covered in the service cost.

PROPOSED by Cllr Webb, SECONDED by Cllr Speed, carried UNANIMOUSLY.

 

75-2020/21  To consider options for Grass cutting for 2021

Clerk to arrange for the grass cutting for 2021 to be put out for tender.  The tenders would then be bought back to full council meeting for discussion and vote.

 

76-2020/21 To consider putting a gate on the Allotment/Community land car park. Request from a member of the public.

Cllr Darby proposed that a chain be put across the car park entrance to allow the grass to recover.

PROPOSED by Cllr Darby.  No seconder, proposal dismissed.

This was deferred to next meeting.

 

77-2020/21  To consider and approve quote for memorial plaque for Community Orchard

Councillors to postpone decision until other options have been explored.

 

78-2020/21 To consider erecting a memorial to Airman involved in a plane crash in Bardney during WW11

We have been asked by a local resident if we would be prepared to arrange and pay for a memorial for the airman who died when their Lancaster crashed in Bardney shortly after becoming airborne on 1/1/1945.

BACKGROUND

On the morning of 1/1/45 10 Lancasters were due to fly off for a target at Dortmud-Ems canal. The second aircraft, NG252, was airborne at 07.47, but dived into the ground near Hindley’s Lane almost immediately. Of the 7 on the plane, 6 died in the crash.

The crash was due to a loss of power on one or both port engine. The next plane to take off, 3 minutes later, also crashed for the same reason, but had not left the ground and all the crew survived. It is believed that in both cases water had found its way into the fuel due to condensation.

ACTION SO FAR

I have spoken to the historian of the 1X (B) Squadron and through him have made contact with the son of one of the deceased. I am trying to establish if there are any other living descendants of the deceased, but so far have drawn a blank. This is not surprising as most of the crew were young and not married.  The sole survivor I believe died of cancer. I have established where the deceased are buried – none locally.

A MEMORIAL

If we decide to establish a memorial, then we will have to decide on the location and the form it should take. If close to the crash site, we would need to take into consideration the views of the farmer in whose field the crash happened. In a similar situation in 2014 a small plaque was erected on an adjacent gatepost at Timberland Drove. There the memorial takes the form of a wooden framed backboard holding a pitched metal plaque. The cost then was £54. In other places a small brick and/or stone memorial has been laid, but I would expect that to be more expensive. (£450+)

If it is decided to go ahead with a memorial, the son of the deceased has said that he would prefer a small local ceremony rather than one like that at Timberland, when the Lord Lieutenant of Lincolnshire headed the guest list. He lives in Nottingham shire and visited the site in 1992 and hopes to come up again when he feels it is safe to do so.

PROPOSED by Cllr Webb, SECONDED by Cllr Darby.  Cllr Papworth and Cllr speed voted AGAINST.  The remaining Cllrs voted in FAVOUR.

Additional Proposal: To look at incorporating this memorial with one that will be erected on the community land at a later date.  Clerk to look into options available.

 

79-2020/21 Dates of Full Council meetings until May 2021

Date

Type of meeting

Where/how

19th November 2020

FCM

TBC

21st January 2021

FCM

TBC

18th February 2021

FCM

TBC

18th March 2021

FCM

TBC

15th April 2021

FCM

TBC

20th May 2021

FCM

TBC

 

80-2020/21  To approve date and time of next meeting 19th November.

Approved